Friday 15 October 2010

Dredging life


As the dredger brings up all the silt and debris
allowing the water to flow freely back into the harbour
my thoughts turn to the things hidden away in the depths
clogging up my innards
slowing me down
restricting movement
and spontaneity
the flotsam and jetsam 
that lurks unseen
stifling creativity
pinching exuberance
rendering sluggish
the natural ebb and flow
and I am reminded
that regular maintenance
soul sifting
is a discipline
to follow
with benefits
unseen
yet felt
and valued.

2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! We watched the dredger, too, thinking how monotonous but necessary work! You are absolutely right about our own regular maintainance.

    Look forward to when next we meet!

    Your Soul Sifting Sister..........Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I feel that's where I'm at right now.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed