Monday 26 January 2009

The times, they are a-changing

Lots of signs of change in the air this morning. These buds looked good in the early morning winter sunshine. But when I returned from my refreshing, cleansing walk, I heard about the controversy of the BBC and Sky News refusing to broadcast the DEC's appeal for Gaza, claiming they don't want to compromise their impartiality. Since when has journalism and impartiality been even remotely related? However I'm sure the outcry over their refusal to host the appeal has created more publicity than a straightforward acquiescence would have done. Can it be that there is method in their madness? I very much doubt it but its an ill wind that blows no good.

1 comment:

  1. What I can't recall, Liz, is, what was the BBC response to the Darfur appeal. Sky News and a great moral stance seams an interesting concept??? Is this a first? But....
    If Christians can't give to muslims that are in conflict with jews then I've missed something and must have fallen asleap during the sermons.

    Ronnie

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed