Thursday 8 January 2009

Clergy self care



Took some time out around lunch time today to take a walk down to the river. Health inducing physically, mentally and spiritually. Caring for myself is something I've been much better at in this charge than in my last. Because of, rather than in spite of, the fact that this charge is much bigger, I need to ensure that there's time to clear some space, time for reflection. And I try not to feel too guilty when I meet folk who ask me - are you having a day off? Its amazing what can be achieved and how much can be processed with an hour walking alongside water! Hopefully then I won't be too much like this swan, graceful above water, paddling like fury beneath the surface.

One of the Story People pictures that graces my study has these words of wisdom:

"There are days I drop words of comfort on myself like falling rain and remember it is enough to be taken care of by myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed