Wednesday 3 December 2008

Old wives tale


It was clear on Sunday that I was incubating some horrid throat bug. Never mind, a few folk told me - the cold will kill it off. Since we're experiencing some beautiful bright frosty weather, I believed them. So much so that I headed off to the beach early Monday morning and tried to "blow the cobwebs away". By Monday night I was experiencing classic flu like symptoms - joint pains, high temp, bones I didn't know existed making their presence felt. So this week has been puncuated by various remedies - and definitely no beach. First Sunday in advent and I fell for a myth. Now isn't that an ancient theme. God's incarnation was surrounded by myths and old wives tales. The beauty though is that the light that shone in the darkness has never been put out. Just hoping this bug moves on so that I can proclaim some advent hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed