Monday 29 September 2008

If the cap fits...



I was accused, this week, of being a maverick. I say accused because it certainly wasn't meant as a compliment. However, I stand guilty as charged. Mavericks think independently. Mavericks don't always follow the rules. That means that mavericks can be human and compassionate. So, maybe not the first term I would use to describe myself but, hey, I'm proud to be a maverick and no amount of name calling or Pharisaic judgmentalism will persuade me to change.

7 comments:

  1. I always thought that maverick refered to a "steer" that didn't just fall into what the heard did. Don't see the problem, chum. Is that not your calling??? Now, as you know, I'm no learned scholar but were the Pharisees not obsesed by the law? Were they not the folk who couldn't move forward because they had the power and didn't want to let go?
    Appart from all that, do I not recall Jesus saying something about this?

    Keep the LOVE bud,

    Ronnie

    p.s. today was where you should have been and many took comfort in yur presence.

    R

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the CUTEST thing.

    From one maverick to another - I get called that all the time - you go, girl!

    Nice to have time visit you again. I've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cheers for mavericks, Liz!

    And I'm loving that hat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing wrong with being a maverick, (unless you're Sarah Palin!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. NO NO NO NO NO VICAR YES

    GOD IS WITH YOU

    JIM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Following on from Mike's comment, just for you, Liz:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwNvSW1Ge4M

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM.Let's hope this is the year of the maverick then!
    :)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed