Friday 11 January 2008

Farewell


There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3
Its always hard to say farewell to something you have loved, even when that love has become painful. But there comes a time, a time that is right.
At New Year I bade farewell to a long cherished dream. The island I love and whose soil has nourished my soul time and again needs a minister. For many years it has been my dream to live and work there. Now, when the opportunity is at last an option, I realise that still, it is not right. It is not my calling. My gifting is for something other than that. That's not where I am being directed. It feels strange not to have that aspiration tucked away in the recesses of my mind any longer but it is time to let it go. And, as I set that notion free, its time also to look at other dreams, to bring them to life or to liberate them too.
January seems a good time of year to do that. Dreaming on....

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed