Saturday 13 October 2007

Wild

This week has been even more frenetic than usual. And emotionally, its been a real roller coaster ride. Professional detachment? What's that? No chance of downtime this week. However, the good news is that Sabbath is just around the corner. Schools are closed for a week, so we're off to the wilderness. To wide open space. Very few people. Come hell or high water, this will be a week of R and R. And while I don't want to sound alarmist (or defeatist) the return to work will see the beginning of the great slide and then the headlong rush into Christmas. So this sabbath time is vital. I'm hoping for a release of much of the tension that tightens my gut just now. For a freeing of the emotions that still hold me in their grip - even if that means a bucket load of tears. And I'm hoping to be bathed in love - love of family and friends, a soothing balm. I know I'm asking a lot. And expecting too much perhaps invites disappointment. But there is too much at stake for this wilderness time not to weave its magic caress around the chafing of the last few weeks. Returning less than restored is unthinkable. Running on pretty much empty just now so refuelling is essential.

3 comments:

  1. Time to 'consider the lilies.' I love the photo. Take some time to get on your knees among whatever wild flowers you can still find at this time of year, or among the fallen leaves. There's a whole universe in each of them. have a great break.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling....have a great week.

    fb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you find all the refreshment you need, Liz!

    I, too, was entranced by the photo. Gorgeous!

    Go for it, Sis!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed